Make it seem like someone's always at home! It doesn't hurt to have a presence in your house, even when you're not there. Now we're not talking about ghosts or anything like that. We're talking about the appearance of someone being home. What if when a door opened or a window was broken, the stereo started playing or the light came on? That might be just enough to deter someone from going any further.
Enter The Activator. It's a unique "sensor scanner" device that operates by detecting the low-level subsonic vibrations created by the movement of air. Plug it into a wall outlet, connect an AC powered device or appliance, then if a nearby door or window is opened or smashed, the Activator will detect it and automatically switch on the connected device or appliance and power it for three minutes.
- Activator Home Sensor unit helps detect the opening or breaking of windows or doors and turns on whatever that's device connected to it
- Works when exterior doors open or close, allowing it to be used as a home sensor to trigger a visual and/or sound alarm
- Easy to set up - no wires or lengthy installation - simply plug it into a wall outlet and connect a device
- Choose the right device to plug-in - using light at night and a sound device when you are not home is suggested
- Connect a multi outlet adapter to the Activator Home Sensor so lighting and sound can be activated simultaneously
Wooden floors that may flex could cause the Activator to activate when walking on them. Mobile homes or out buildings could have the same effect. However, the RX-8 can still be used when the building, etc is unoccupied. The Activator can be located almost anywhere indoors, but is probably best located in a central area. Typically, the RX-8 scanner will detect the opening of, or the breaking of any window at the perimeter of the house as well as the opening of any door at the perimeter of the house. The opening of internal doors will also be detected when opening a door into a room where the unit is installed. However, the opening of doors to small rooms that are remote from the unit may not trigger it.